Who are NRFM?
NRFM are one of few providers in the market that offer a full range of pension products on a self invested basis. NRFM ensure that their clients’ are up to date on the latest pensions legislation and provide clients’ with a wide range of investment choice.
Newcourt Retirement Fund Managers Limited (NRFM) in conjunction with its associate company Newcourt Pensioneer Trustees Limited specialise in the provision of self invested pension products. All our products are approved by the Pensions Board and/or Revenue Commissioners with all of our administration functions serviced internally.
Our products offer clients flexibility and real choice when it comes to their pension investments. Our dedicated team of administrators make sure that you’re kept up to date and informed about your retirement funds and they are always on hand to answer your queries.
The management team at NRFM provide extensive technical expertise to our advisor’s and clients in all areas of pension planning and legislation, covering individual planning and both defined contribution and defined benefit pension arrangements.
Our main business function is the provision of administration services for self-invested pension arrangements. In line with best corporate governance practice, NRFM’s pension structures are designed to minimise the client’s “counter party” risk to NRFM as the provider of their pension structure. A summary of how we achieve this is as follows;
- NRFM is not a discretionary fund manager and does not operate pooled investment funds on behalf of clients. We do not have sole control over clients’ investments.
- NRFM is not involved in the provision of geared property funds, raising private equity and/or providing structured investments. Therefore NRFM is not exposed to the financial risk involved in raising capital for such structures.
- Where our clients hold cash, the cash is held in an individual bank account in the name of the client’s own Approved Retirement Funds (ARF), Personal Retirement Bonds (PRBs) or Personal Retirement Savings Accounts (PRSA), which the client can receive account statements at any time. The client is a co signatory on these accounts.
- All client bank accounts, including sub-fund unit trust accounts are fully segregated from those of other clients and NRFM’s own accounts.
- The movement of cash and other assets in our client funds is not possible without the prior authorisation of the client. The exception to this is the payment of taxes due, fees owing and payment to the client’s estate on death. Certain restrictions do apply in these circumstances.
- All of our ARF, PRB and PRSA assets, equities or other investments, are held in the name of the client’s own ARF, PRB or PRSA. Direct property is registered in the name of the trustees of the unit trust but the client is clearly noted as the beneficiary.
- NRFM operates with an extremely conservative balance sheet and does not carry any debt.
- NRFM does not hold any client assets on its balance sheet.
Please see our Newcourt Corporate Brochure
If you would like to discuss any of our pension products in more detail, please contact your Financial Advisor or contact us.